What boosters CANNOT do for or with ASU prospects or student-athletes:
- Provide transportation to a prospect or student-athlete or loan an automobile to a student-athlete host for a prospect’s use during an official paid visit.
- Provide or cosign for a loan.
- Allow the use of a telephone or other personal property (e.g., boat, home, car, computer, iPad).
- Give cash or allow the use of a credit card.
- Provide free or reduced-cost entertainment, services, or products.
- Provide free or reduced-cost lodging.
- Provide academic assistance.
- Give a gift of any kind for any reason, including birthdays and holidays.
- Purchase items or services from prospects, student-athletes, or their relatives at inflated prices.
Additional restrictions relating to prospects:
NCAA rules more strictly regulate booster activities involving prospects than activities involving student-athletes.The following are other things that boosters cannot do when it comes to interacting with prospects:
- Engage in any recruiting activities.
- Host a meal for a prospect.
- Contact a prospect through social media.
- Arrange for or finance a prospect’s unofficial visit to ASU.