Under NCAA rules, Sun Devil Athletics may not modify (e.g., cancel or reduce) the terms of a student-athlete’s financial aid award unless the student-athlete:
- Renders him- or herself ineligible for intercollegiate competition;
- Fraudulently misrepresents information on an application, letter of intent, or financial aid agreement (including actions taken by the student-athlete not to particiapte in a sport either by failing to report for practice or making token appearances);
- Voluntarily withdraws from a sport on his or her own initiative for personal reasons;*
- Engages in serious misconduct warranting substantial disciplinary penalty as determined by the ASU's regular student disciplinary authority;
- Meets or violates a nonathletically related condition outlined in the financial aid agreement; or
- Violates a documented institutional rule or policy (e.g., academics policies or standards, athletics department or team rules or policies).
*A student-athlete's request for permission to contact in relation to transferring does not by itself constitute a voluntary withdrawal. More information on transferring can be found here.
In addition, Pac-12 Conference and Arizona State University rules and regulations may affect potential modifications to financial aid awards. Please review the pages linked below for more information: